Continuous Improvement Practitioner
Solving real-world problems and delivering exceptional value to the organization
The CI Practitioner© is a highly valued, problem solving machine who applies proven tools and techniques to deliver value to their team and organization.
- See problems as opportunities
- Effectively build teams and engage stakeholders to resolve problems collaboratively
- Are equipped with the tools and skills to deliver incredible, lasting results
- Utilize a structured problem-solving approach to tackle opportunities big and small
- Have the skills to become a rock-star facilitator
- Master CII’s structured problem solving approach using a set of reusable tools and templates that can be applied to solve problems big and small
- Earn a passing score on the CI Practitioner© certification exam
- Demonstrate your new skills and deliver immediate results by executing a CI project within your team or company
- Build your network and grow your facilitation skills in a live, instructor-led Facilitation Lab where your cohort will work together to solve a class problem
- Learn and share with your classmates during CII-hosted Study Halls
What makes a great CI Project?
While we don’t have an exact recipe for the perfect CI project, here are some key ingredients:
- A problem with no defined solution – let’s use our tools to explore and evaluate the options
- Requires a team of 3 or more people to solve (it’s not simply improving one’s own efficiency)
- Improvement can be measured with a metric
- It’s a real-world problem. We’re solving issues impacting our businesses.
- Can be improved within 3-6 months or can be broken into 3-6 month phases
We’re here to help you find this perfect project! We may even share our perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe.
How it works
The CI Practitioner© takes a hybrid approach to learning.
Week 0: Cohort Kickoff & Networking
Weeks 1-4: Self-Study
Complete 8 online courses via self-study to learn the fundamental problem solving process.
Each week CII hosts a Study Hall session to review core concepts, lead discussion and networking, and review student CI projects.
Week 5: Facilitation Lab
An action-packed full day session that is student-led and instructor-supported. Using a mock problem, students will take turns facilitating the problem-solving process.
Week 6: Course Wrap-Up & Review
CII-hosted wrap-up, review and discussion.
Weeks 7+: Project Work & Exam Prep
Prepare for the CI Practitioner exam. The online, self-paced exam can be taken any time after completion of Facilitation Lab.
Apply for certification as soon as CI project and all requirements are complete.